Islam is very clear and free from any doubts.But It is an open secret that Muslims Ulemas and scholars has difference of opinion on some Islamic Issues.Some of these are natural minor but group mentality has blown it out of proportion.General Muslims and non muslims having intrest in Islam are confused and misreading it.General Muslims are rather disparate and Impatient.This is attempt to show real picture without group mentality,and neutral way.May Allah help us.Requesting for dua.
The Best Source Book of Islamic Aqeedah based on Quran and authentic Sahaih Hadith
(NOTE:On searching internet we found that this series is among the best Aqeedah education programme Article. So we decided to post in this blog.Taken with Jazakallahu Khair from here
Book on Islamic Aqeedah?
As we came to know that there are only two sources of Islamic Aqeedah
The Holy Quran and
So obviously the Books on Islamic Aqeedah are The Holy Quran and all the Sahih Ahadith.
Now the question arises What is the need of an
separate Aqeedah Book by any Scholar?
The Holy Quran has been sent to the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam by Allah in the period of 23 years according to the need of time, The Holy Quran is not arranged topic wise e.g Aqeedah Chapter, Jurisprudence Chapter, Chapter on Social issue, Economic issues or on manners. Almost same is the case of Ahadith collection although the major books of Hadith has chapters but still not very finely defined.
So for having comprehensive knowledge on Aqeedah it has to be collected from Quran and authentic ahadith and has to be compiled.
To fulfil this requirement of general Muslims the Scholars compiled book on Aqeedah of Islam and has made the work of Muslims easy. There are many books from Slafus Salehin Scholars Imams on Aqeedah.
Muslim should have a comprehensive knowledge of Aqeedah. To fulfill this requirement I have chosen to present Aqeedatutahawia with its English translation.
I have chosen the book of Aqeedatutahawiahwritten by Imam of
Hadith Abu Ja'far Ahmad ibn Muhammad At-Tahaawee,(843 or 853 AD Born- 935 A.D. Died In Hijri 239-321Hijri) because of following reason.
1.Aqeedatutahawia is an scholary and complete collection and explanation of Quranic Ayats and Ahadiths that are related to muslim beliefs/Aqeedah.
2.Tahawi's "Doctrine" (al-`Aqida), very comprehensive and basic text for all times, listing what a Muslim must know and believe and inwardly comprehend. It is considered a source book by all Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat scholars. There is consensus among all the leading Islamic scholar including the Muhaddethin and authoritative Scholars of four School of Jurisprudence on the doctrines enumerated in this work, which are entirely derived from the undisputed primary sources of Religion, the Holy Qur'an and the authentic Hadith.
3.Aqeedah Tahawiyyah is written for students and has been/is part of education curriculum and is one of the perfect book on Aqeedah.
4.As Aqeedah is derived from Quran and Hadith so it is very important, and it has been written by an undisputed scholar and Imam of Hadith Abu Ja'far Ahmad ibn Muhammad At-Tahaawee, (843 or 853 to 935).
5.He was the great scholar of Hadith ,has been described in these words by other greats of Islamic History. Al-Dhahabi said in his Major History of Islam:
"He (Imam Tahawi) was the Faqeeh, the Muhaddith, the Haafidh, one of the elite personalities, and he was reliable, trustworthy, knowledgeable of fiqh and intelligent."
"He was one of the reliable, trustworthy and brilliant scholars of Hadeeth (Haafidh)."
6.He has not only explained but has also described the limit of explanation at appropriate place and has refrained and warned the muslims not to indulge in those detail that has not been considered important by Hazrat Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam and Sahaba Karam Raziallahu Anhu and Salafus Salehinscholars and Imams of earlier generation of muslims. And it is a fact that many of the muslims including some scholars have forgotten.
7.This book is accepted by the scholars of Ahl al-Sunna wa al-Jama`a (sunni) of four school of Jurisprudence (Hanfi,Shafai,Maliki,Hanbali) and contemprory Scholars including Grand Mufti of Saudi Arab Shaykh Abd al-Aziz ibn Abd Allah ibn Baaz (R.A.).
The quotation of the entire text of Tahawi's "Doctrine," which is considered as the doctrine of Ahl al-Sunna wa al-Jama`a, will be of benefit to the Muslims (May Allah help us) .
Imam of Hadith Abu Ja'far Ahmad ibn Muhammad At-Tahaawee.(R.A)
TAHAWI'S STATEMENT OF ISLAMIC DOCTRINE (AL-`AQIDA AL-TAHAWIYYA):
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the Name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate Praise be to Allah, Lord of all the worlds.
The great scholar Hujjat al-lslam Abu Ja'far al-Warraq al-Tahawi al-Misri, may Allah have mercy on him, said:
This is a presentation of the beliefs of Ahl al-Sunna wa al-Jama`a, according to the school of the jurists of this religion, may Allah be pleased with them all, and what they believe regarding the fundamentals of the religion and their faith in the Lord of the worlds.
نَقُولُ في تَوْحيدِ اللَّهِ مُعْتَقِدينَ، بـِتَوْفيقِ
We say about Allah's unity, believing by Allah's help that:
13. He has always existed together with His attributes since before creation. Bringing creation into existence did not add anything to His attributes that was not already there. As He was, together with His attributes, in pre-eternity, so He will remain throughout endless time.
16. In the same way that He is the "Bringer to life of the dead," after He has brought them to life a first time, and deserves this name before bringing them to life, so too He deserves the name of "Creator" before He has created them.
17. This is because He has the power to do everything, everything is dependent on Him, everything is easy for Him, and He does not need anything. "There is nothing like Him and He is the Hearer, the Seer." (al-Shura 42:11)
23. Everything happens according to His degree and will, and His will is accomplished. The only will that people have is what He wills for them. What He wills for them occurs and what He does not will, does not occur.
24. He gives guidance to whomever He wills, and protects them, and keeps them safe from harm, out of His generosity; and He leads astray whomever He wills, and abases them, and afflicts them, out of His justice.
33. The Qur'an is the word of Allah. It came from Him as speech without it being possible to say how. He sent it down on His Messenger as revelation. The believers accept it, as absolute truth. They are certain that it is, in truth, the word of Allah. It is not created as is the speech of human beings, and anyone who hears it and claims that it is human speech has become an unbeliever. Allah warns him and censures him and threatens him with Fire when He says, Exalted is He: "I will burn him in the Fire." (al-Muddaththir 74:26) When Allah threatens with the Fire those who say "This is just human speech" (74:25) we know for certain that it is the speech of the Creator of mankind and that it is totally unlike the speech of mankind.
34. Anyone who describes Allah as being in any way the same as a human being has become an unbeliever. All those who grasp this will take heed and refrain from saying things such as the unbelievers say, and they will know that He, in His attributes, is not like human beings.
35. The Seeing of Allah by the People of the Garden is true, without their vision being all-encompassing and without the manner of their vision being known. As the Book of our Lord has expressed it: "Faces on that Day radiant, looking at their Lord." (al-Qiyama 75:22-3) The explanation of this is as Allah knows and wills. Everything that has come down to us about this from the Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, in authentic traditions, is as he said and means what he intended. We do not delve into that, trying to interpret it according to our own opinions or letting our imaginations have free rein.
No one is safe in his religion unless he surrenders himself completely to Allah, the Exalted and Glorified and to His Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and leaves the knowledge of things that are ambiguous to the one who knows them.
36. A man's Islam is not secure unless it is based on submission and surrender. Anyone who desires to know things which it is beyond his capacity to know, and whose intellect is not content with surrender, will find that his desire veils him from a pure understanding of Allah's true unity, clear knowledge and correct belief, and that he veers between disbelief and belief, confirmation and denial and acceptance and rejection. He will he subject to whisperings and find himself confused and full of doubt, being neither an accepting believer nor a denying rejector.
37. Belief of a man in the seeing of Allah by the People of the Garden is not correct if he imagines what it is like or interprets it according to his own understanding, since the interpretation of this seeing or indeed, the meaning of any of the subtle phenomena which are in the realm of Lordship, is by avoiding its interpretation and strictly adhering to the submission.
This is the religion of Muslims. Anyone who does not guard himself against negating the attributes of Allah, or likening Allah to something else, has gone astray and has failed to understand Allah's glory, because our Lord, the Glorified and the Exalted, can only possibly be described in terms of oneness and absolute singularity and no creation is in any way like Him.
38. He is beyond having limits placed on Him, or being restricted, or having parts or limbs. Nor is He contained by the six directions as all created things are.
وَالمِعْرَاجُ حَقٌّ. وَقَدْ أُسْرِيَ بـِالنَّبـِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَعُرِجَبـِشَخْصِهِ فِي الْيَقَظَةِ إِلَى السَّمَاءِ، ثُمَّ إِلَى حَيْثُ شَاءَ اللَّهُتَعَالَى مِنَ العُلَى، وَأَكْرَمَهُ اللَّهُ تَعَالَى بـِمَا شَاءَ،
فَأَوْحَى إِلَى عَبْدِهِ مَا أَوْحَى(مَا کذب الفواد ما رای) فصلی اللھ علیھ وسلم فِی الاخرۃ والاولی
39. Al-Mi`raj (the Ascent through the heavens) is true. The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was taken by night and ascended in his bodily form, while awake, through the heavens, to whatever heights Allah willed for him. Allah ennobled him in the way that He ennobled him and revealed to him what He revealed to him, "and his heart was not mistaken about what it saw" (al-Najm 53:11). Allah blessed him and granted him peace in this world and the next.
43. Allah knew, before the existence of time, the exact number of those who would enter the Garden and the exact number of those who would enter the Fire. This number will neither be increased nor decreased.
وَكَذلِكَ أَفْعَالَهُمْ، فِيْمَا عَلِمَ مِنْهُمْ أَنَّهُمْ يَفْعَلُونَهُ. وَكُلٌّ مُيَسَّرٌ لِمَا خُلِقَ لَهُ.۔ وَالاعمال بالخواتیم۔ والسعید من سعد بقضاءاللھ ، الشقی من شقی بقضاءاللھ
44. The same applies to all actions done by people, which are done exactly as Allah knew they would be done. Everyone is eased towards what he was created for and it is the action with which a man's life is sealed which dictates his fate. Those who are fortunate are fortunate by the decree of Allah, and those who are wretched are wretched by the decree of Allah.
45. The exact nature of the decree is Allah's secret in His creation, and no angel near the Throne, nor Prophet sent with a message, has been given knowledge of it. Delving into it and reflecting too much about it only leads to destruction and loss, and results in rebelliousness. So be extremely careful about thinking and reflecting on this matter or letting doubts about it assail you, because Allah has kept knowledge of the decree away from human beings, and forbidden them to enquire about it, saying in His Book, "He is not asked about what He does, but they are asked" (al-Anbiya' 21: 23).
Therefore, anyone who asks: "Why did Allah do that?" has gone against a judgement of the Book, and anyone who goes against a judgement of the Book is an unbeliever.
46. This in sum is what those of Allah's Friends with enlightened hearts need to know and constitutes the degree of those firmly endowed with knowledge. For there are two kinds of knowledge: knowledge which is accessible to created beings, and knowledge which is not accessible to created beings. Denying the knowledge which is accessible is disbelief, and claiming the knowledge which is inaccessible is disbelief. Belief can only be firm when accessible knowledge is accepted and the inaccessible is not sought after.
47. We believe in al-Lawh (the Tablet) and al-Qalam (the Pen) and in everything written on the former. Even if all created beings were to gather together to make something fail to exist, whose existence Allah had written on the Tablet, they would not be able to do so. And if all created beings were to gather together to make something exist which Allah had not written on it, they would not be able to do so. The Pen has dried having written down all that will be in existence until the Day of Judgement.Whatever a person has missed he would have never got, and whatever he gets he would have never missed.
48. It is necessary for the servant to know that Allah already knows everything that is going to happen in His creation and has decreed it in a detailed and decisive way. There is nothing that He has created in either the heavens or the earth that can contradict it, or add to it, or erase it, or change it, or decrease it, or increase it in any way. This is a fundamental aspect of belief and a necessary element of all knowledge and recognition of Allah's oneness and Lordship. As Allah says in His Book: "He created everything and decreed it in a detailed way." (al-Furqan 25: 2) And He also says: "Allah's command is always a decided decree." (al-Ahzab 33: 38) So woe to anyone who argues with Allah concerning the decree and who, with a sick heart, starts delving into this matter. In his deluded attempt to investigate the Unseen, he is seeking a secret that can never be uncovered, and he ends up an evil-doer, telling nothing but lies.
وَالعَرْشُ وَالكُرْسِيُّ حَقٌّ
49. Al-`Arsh (the Throne) and al-Kursi (the Chair) are true.
54. We call the people of our qibla Muslims and believers as long as they acknowledge what the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, brought, and accept as true everything that he said and told us about.
وَلا نَخوضُ في اللَّهِ،وَلا نُماري في دينِ اللَّهِ تَعالى.
55. We do not enter into vain talk about Allah nor do we allow any dispute about the religion of Allah.
56. We do not argue about the Qur'an and we bear witness that it is the speech of the Lord of all the Worlds which the Trustworthy Spirit came down with and taught the most honoured of all the Messengers, Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. It is the speech of Allah and no speech of any created being is comparable to it. We do not say that it was created and we do not go against the Congregation (jama`a) of the Muslims regarding it.
ولا نكفرأحداً من أهل القبلة بذنب ، ما لم يستحله
57. We do not consider any of the people of our qibla to be unbelievers because of any wrong action they have done, as long as they do not consider that action to have been lawful.
ولا نَقولُ: لا يَضُرُّ مَعَ الإِسْلامِ ذنْبٌ لِمَنْ عَمِلَهُ؛
58. Nor do we say that the wrong action of a man who has belief does not have a harmful effect on him.
59. We hope that Allah will pardon the people of right action among the believers and grant them entrance into the Garden through His mercy, but we cannot be certain of this, and we cannot bear witness that it will definitely happen and that they will be in the Garden. We ask forgiveness for the people of wrong action among the believers and, although we are afraid for them, we are not in despair about them.
62. Belief consists of affirmation by the tongue and acceptance by the heart.
وَأَنَّ جَميعَ ما أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ في القُرْآنِ، وَجَميعَ ما صَحَّ عَنِالنَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم مِنَ الشَّرْعِ وَالبَيانِ كُلُّهُ حَقٌّ.
63. And the whole of what is proven from the Prophet, upon him be peace, regarding the Shari`a and the explanation (of the Qur'an and of Islam) is true.
وَالایمان واحد واھلھ فَی اصلھ سواء۔ والتفاضل بینھم بالتقوی ومخالفۃ الھوی و ملازمۃ الاولی
64. Belief is, at base, the same for everyone, but the superiority of some over others in it is due to their fear and awareness of Allah, their opposition to their desires, and their choosing what is more pleasing to Allah.
66. Belief consists of belief in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, the Last Day, and belief that the Decree -- both the good of it and the evil of it, the sweet of it and the bitter or it -- is all from Allah.
68. Those of the Community of Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, who have committed grave sins will be in the Fire, but not forever, provided they die and meet Allah as believers affirming His unity even if they have not repented. They are subject to His will and judgement.
If He wants, He will forgive them and pardon them out of His generosity, as is mentioned in the Qur'an when He says: "And He forgives anything less than that (shirk) to whomever He wills" (al-Nisa' 4: 116); if He wants, He will punish them in the Fire out of His justice, and then bring them out of the Fire through His mercy, and for the intercession of those who were obedient to Him, and send them to the Garden.
This is because Allah is the Protector of those who recognize Him and will not treat them in the hereafter in the same way as He treats those who deny Him, who are bereft of His guidance and have failed to obtain His protection. O Allah, You are the Protector of Islam and its people; make us firm in Islam until the day we meet You.
ونری الصلاۃ خلف کل بر وفاجر من اھل القبلۃ ، ونصلی من مات منھم
69. We agree with doing the prayer behind any of the People of the Qibla whether rightful or wrongful, and doing the funeral prayer over any of them when they die.
ولا ننزل احداً منھم جنۃ ولا ناراً ، ولا نشھد علیھم بکفر ولا شرک ولا نفاق مالم یظھر منھم من ذلک شیء ، و نذر سراءرھم الی اللہ تعالی
70. We do not say that any of them will categorically go to either the Garden or the Fire, and we do not accuse any of them of kufr (disbelief), shirk (associating partners with Allah), or nifaq (hypocrisy), as long as they have not openly demonstrated any of those things. We leave their secrets to Allah.
ولا نری السیف علی احداً من امۃ محمد الا من وجب علیھ السیف
71. We do not agree with killing any of the Community of Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, unless it is obligatory by Shari`a to do so.
ولا نری الخروج علی ائمتنا و ولاۃ امورنا وان جاروا ولا ندعو علی احداً منھم ، ولا ننزع یدا من طاعتھم من طاعۃ فریضۃ مالم یامروا بمعصیۃ وندعو لھم بالصلاح والمعافاۃ
72. We do not accept rebellion against our Imam or those in charge of our affairs even if they are unjust, nor do we wish evil on them, nor do we withdraw from following them. We hold that obedience to them is part of obedience to Allah, the Glorified, and therefore obligatory as long as they do not order to commit sins. We pray for their right guidance and ask for pardon for their wrongs.
77. Hajj and jihad under the leadership of those in charge of the Muslims, whether they are right or wrong-acting, are continuing obligations until the Last Hour comes. Nothing can annul or controvert them.
79. We believe in the Angel of Death who is in charge of taking the spirits of all the worlds.
وَبعذابِ القَبْرِ لِمَنْ كانَ لَهُ أَهْلاً.وَبسُؤالِ مُنْكَرٍ وَنَكيرٍلِلمَيِّتِ في قَبْرِهِ عَنْ رَبِّهِ وَدينِهِ وَنَبيِّهِ، عَلى ما جاءَتْ بهِالأَخْبارُ عَنْ رَسولِ رَبهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم، وَعَنِ الصَّحابَةِ رَضِيَاللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ أَجْمَعينَ.
80. We believe in the punishment in the grave for those who deserve it, and in the questioning in the grave by Munkar and Nakir about one's Lord, one's religion and one's prophet, as has come down in the hadiths from the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and in reports from the Companions, may Allah be pleased with them all.
82. We believe in being brought back to life after death and in being recompensed for our actions on the Day of Judgement, and the exhibition of works, and the reckoning, and the reading of the book, and the reward or punishments, and the Bridge, and the Balance; and the deeds of the Muslims, good evil obedient and disobedient are weighed by it.
83. The Garden and the Fire are created things that never come to an end and we believe that Allah created them before the rest of creation and then created people to inhabit each of them. Whoever He wills goes to the Garden out of His bounty and whoever He wills goes to the Fire through His justice. Everybody acts in accordance with what is destined for him and goes towards what he has been created for.
وَالخَيْرُ وَالشَّرُ مُقَدَّرانِ عَلى العِبادِ،
84. Good and evil have both been decreed for people.
85. The capability in terms of divine grace and favor which makes an action certain to occur cannot be ascribed to a created being. This capability is integral with action, whereas the capability of an action in terms of having the necessary health and ability, being in a position to act, and having the necessary means, exists in a person before the action. It is this type of capability which is the object of the dictates of the Shari`a. Allah the Exalted says: "Allah does not charge a person except according to his ability." (al-Baqara 2: 286)
86. People's actions are created by Allah but earned by people .
ولم يكلفهم الله تعالى إلا ما يطيقون ، ولا يطيقون إلا ماكلفهم . وهوتفسير لا حول ولا قوة الا بالله ، نقول : لا حيلة لأحد ، [ ولا تحول لأحد ] ، ولاحركة لأحد عن معصية الله ، الا بمعونة الله ، ولا قوة لأحد على إقامة طاعة اللهوالثبات عليها إلا بتوفيق الله .
87. Allah, the Exalted, has only charged people with what they are able to do and people are only capable of doing what Allah has granted them to do. This is the explanation of the phrase: "There is no power and no strength except by Allah." We add to this that there is no stratagem or way by which anyone can avoid or escape disobedience to Allah except with Allah's help; nor does anyone have the strength to put obedience to Allah into practice and remain firm in it, except if Allah makes it possible for him to do so.
88. Everything happens according to Allah's will, knowledge, predestination and decree. His will overpowers all other wills and His decree overpowers all stratagems. He does whatever He wills and He is never unjust. He is exalted in His purity above any evil or perdition and He is perfect far beyond any fault or flaw. "He will not be asked about what He does, but they will be asked." (al-Anbiya' 21: 23)
91. Allah has absolute control over everything and nothing has any control over Him. Nothing can be independent of Allah even for the blinking of an eye, and whoever considers himself independent of Allah for the blinking of an eye is guilty of unbelief and becomes one of the people of perdition.
وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ تَعالى يَغْضَبُ وَيَرْضَى لا كَأَحَدٍ مِنَ الوَرَى
92. Allah is angered and He is pleased but not in the same way as any creature.
93. We love the Companions of the Messenger of Allah but we do not go to excess in our love for any one individual among them; nor do we disown any one of them. We hate anyone who hates them or does not speak well of them and we only speak well of them. Love of them is a part of Islam, part of belief and part of excellent behavior, while hatred of them is unbelief, hypocrisy and rebellion.
94. We confirm that, after the death of Allah's Messenger, peace be upon him, the caliphate went first to Abu Bakr al-Siddiq, thus proving his excellence and superiority over the rest of the Muslims; then to `Umar ibn al-Khattab; then to `Uthman; and then to `Ali ibn Abi Talib; may Allah be well pleased with all of them. These are the Rightly-Guided Caliphs and upright leaders.
95. We bear witness that the ten who were named by the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and who were promised the Garden by him, will be in the Garden, as the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, whose word is truth, bore witness that they would be. The ten are: Abu Bakr, `Umar, `Uthman, `Ali, Talha, Zubayr, Sa`d, Sa`id, `Abd al-Rahman ibn `Awf, and Abu `Ubayda ibn al-Jarrah whose title was the Trustee of this Community, may Allah be pleased with all of them.
96. Anyone who speaks well of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and his wives and offspring, who are all pure and untainted by any impurity, is free from the accusation of hypocrisy.
97. The learned men of the Predecessors, both the first community and those who immediately followed: the people of virtue, the narrators of hadith, the jurists, and the analysts-- they must only be spoken of in the best way, and anyone who says anything bad about them is not on the right path.
100. We believe in the signs of the Hour such as the appearance of the Antichrist (dajjal) and the descent of `Isa ibn Maryam, peace be upon him, from heaven, and we believe in the rising of the sun from where it sets and in the emergence of the Beast from the earth.
101. We do not accept as true what soothsayers and fortune-tellers say, nor do we accept the claims of those who affirm anything which goes against the Book, the Sunna, and the consensus of the Muslim Community (umma).
103. There is only one religion of Allah in the heavens and the earth and that is the religion of Islam ("submission"). Allah says: "Surely religion in the sight of Allah is Islam." (Al `Imran 3: 19) And He also says: "I am pleased with Islam as a religion for you." (al-Ma'ida 5: 3)
104. Islam lies between going to excess and falling short, between the likening of Allah's attributes to creation (tashbih) and divesting Allah of attributes (ta`til), between determinism and freewill, and between sureness and despair.
We ask Allah to make us firm in our belief and seal our lives with it and to protect us from variant ideas, scattering opinions and evil schools of view such as those of the Mushabbiha, the Mu`tazila, the Jahmiyya, the Jabriyya, the Qadariyya, and others like them who go against the Sunna and Jama`a and have allied themselves with error. We renounce any connection with them and in our opinion they are in error and on the path of destruction. We ask Allah to protect us from all falsehood and we ask His Grace and Favour to do all good. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
On searching internet we found that this series is among the best Aqeedah education programme Article. So we decided to post in this blog.Taken with Jazakallahu Khair from here