- Translation: Firmly established (istawa) Himself over (‘ala) the Throne (al-’arsh) [↩]
- Tashil and talkhis by Mawlana Zafar Ahmad ‘Usmani [↩]
- MODULE BASED ISLAMIC AQEEDAH LEARNING CLASSES FOR MUSLIMS BASED ON QURAN AND SUNNAH FREE FROM ANY SUBIDEOLOGY
- Label of Muslim is from Allah What about Rest all Labels
- Divided Muslims are destroying Islam on the name of true Islam Quran and Hadith
- Zakir Naik FAQ for Non Muslims Pattern is followed on Muslim Group controversies also also
- Which Method Manhaj of Dawah is best:Abul Hasan Ali Nadvi on Metodology Nahaj of Islah and Tableegh
- Which is the best Muslim Organisation in India
- Ibne Baaz Imam e Kaba Vs Meraj Rabbani Tauseefur Rahman
- Muslim Groups are accusing each other;Analysis of Reason and Solution for fighting on the interpretation of Islam and Aqeedah Controversies
- Sufism What is: good or Bad Confused
- Salafi Sunni Pamphlet Controversy of Ahle Hadith and Hanafi Scholar:Big Ulema should control immediately Question and Answer between Ignorant,They should Take charge
- Women Prayer in mosque better or not:Ahadith in Urdu correct Position by khalid Saifullah Rahmani
- Three Talaq in one sitting:Ek majlis ke teen Talaq Quran Ahadith in Urdu by Khalid Saifullah Rahmani on Ahle Hadith claim
- Differences in Prayer of Men and Women:Mard aur ki namaz ka farq Hanafi-Salafi Controversy
- Detail account of Prayer :Salah according to the Quran and Hadith,Sifat e Salatun Nabi,Namaz ka Tariqa (Hanafi Jurist Ahadith Interpretation) Hanafi-Ahle Hadith Debate controversy
- Where is Allah Salafi-Sunni unfortunate controversy of .Istawa Alal Arsh meaning and explanation
- Dua Waseela and Shirk :Three things Understand them and dont mix
- Present MUSLIM GROUPS AQEEDAH POSITION,Aqeedah difference Reality and False Claims
- The Language of the Friday Khutbah Seremon,in Arabic OR local language,Malyalam,Urdu,English Correct Position
- What is Wahdatul Wajood meaning and concept Is there anyone believe Aqeeda if yes who is having Reality of Wahdatul Shahood/Wajood discussion on facebook and Islamic Forum
- ALL FIQH ISSUES of HANAFI SALAFI AHLE HADITH Controversy Hadith on each Topic
Salafi Vs Ashari Maturidi Aqeedah on Istawa Alal Arsh Ahele Hadith Barelvi deobandi
One of the claimed reason of dispute is Taweel between ..........Salafi Group Scholars and Ashari-Maturidi Scholars (All Hanafi shafaee etc follow this school) in the detail explanation of following Ayatإِنَّ رَبَّكُمْ اللَّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ ثُمَّ اسْتَوَى عَلَى الْعَرْشِ يُغْشِي اللَّيْلَ النَّهَارَ يَطْلُبُهُ حَثِيثًا وَالشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ وَالنُّجُومَ مُسَخَّرَاتٍ بِأَمْرِهِ أَلاَ لَهُ الْخَلْقُ وَالأَمْرُ تَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ (الأعراف: 54
Surely, your Lord is Allah who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then He Istawa himself on the Throne. He covers the day with the night that pursues it swiftly. (He created) the sun and the moon and the stars, subjugated to His command. Lo! To Him alone belong the creation and the command. Glorious is Allah, the Lord of all the worlds.
Below is the writing of Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi from his Tafseer Bayanul Quran who is great scholar of contemprory Ashari-Maturidi (Hanafi) school.
If you read this article with neutral mind you will find that Salafi allegation of Taweel on Ashari-Maturidi is not based on fact.
They are very close in principles but groupism is actually preventing them form understanding the reality.
May Allah help the ummah and give understanding of religion and save from groupism and group fighting.
Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi explains .........(Translated by Hamood Aleem)
“He (Allah Most High) then firmly established (istawa) Himself over the Throne” (Qur’an 7:54) means He firmly established Himself over the Kingly Throne and began decreeing orders (ahkams) in the heavens and the earth. In the tafsir (exegesis) of [the verse] “He then firmly established Himself over the Throne”, it is safer to adopt silence in agreement with the methodology of the salaf (pious predecessors) and that is also my view although the muta’akhirin (scholars of the later generations) have opened the doors for ta’wil (interpretation).
The ta’wil which has been done in this place is extremely latif (delicate), the gist of which is that [the act of] being seated on the throne is figuratively used to express the decreeing of orders and the administrating of affairs. Hence, it is said that following a certain king, such a person sat on the throne. This is even if he still has not had the opportunity to sit on the [physical] throne. The meaning of this statement is that after the king this person became ruler and took the administration of the kingdom in his hands. This same usage has been used in the Qur’an, where the intended meaning is that Allah Most High, having brought the heavens and the earth etc. into existence, began decreeing orders and administrating over affairs .
In another verse, istawa ‘ala al-’arsh is followed by [the words] yudabbir al-amr [he administers the affairs] , which can be considered the exegesis of istawa ‘ala al-’arsh which in turn corroborates thista’wil. Furthermore, in this verse, istawa ‘ala al-’arsh is followed by the verse: “He covers the day with the night that pursues it swiftly. (He created) the sun and the moon and the stars, subjugated to His command. Lo! To Him alone belong the creation and the command. Glorious is Allah, the Lord of all the worlds.” (Qur’an, 7:54). This expresses [the meaning of] administrating over affairs, after which no objection remains because Allah Most High is free from being seated on a throne.
The response to the doubt that arises from this verse is that istawa ‘ala al-’arsh has been used figuratively such that the intended meaning is of administrating over affairs because this is the meaning of being seated on a throne that is commonly understood. Consequently, where themuta’akhirin have introduced other ta’wils they have also given consideration to this [above mentioned] ta’wil. Insha’Allah (Allah willing), this is the most latif ta’wil.
Excerpt from Tashil Tafsir Bayan al-Qur’an (Sura Al-A’raf, Verse 54)_____________________________
Translation reproduced with thanks http://www.deoband.org/2009/01/quran/quran-commentary/he-allah-most-high-then-firmly-established-himself-over-the-throne/